Having been off teaching FBoS since the end of September 2020, we were thankfully in a position to come back with a bang in August.
From then on we were on the road across the country most weekends, certainly fortnightly. A total of 14 courses including 2 Advanced were held. Many people attending didn’t know of FBoS before or why we feel it’s important to train bikers. We also saw quite a number recertifying their credentials and moving on to the Advanced course.
The overwhelming feedback from the courses has been positive – from ‘it should part of the IBT’, to ‘the content being practical and realistic in case of an accident’. For many the helmet removal sequence is the highlight, alongside the CPR & AED component. After the course participants felt they were well equipped to deal with a biker who has come off.
We also managed to attend some events, albeit few, as the worry around Covid remains on the mind of many organisers. On occasion when the lads were busy teaching, the paperwork crew was out too helping to hand out flyers. So if you see us about, feel free to stop for a chat!
2021 also saw the youngest attendee of any FBoS course to date! Many congratulations to Miss Bella, who was at the course in Bangor with her dad, Dave, a bike instructor. She did exceptionally well and is a credit to the next generation of bikers to come.
New dates for the first half of 2022 are now available. Please note the following:
- All course dates are subject to change if not enough bookings are received or additional Covid restrictions are imposed.
- Courses are capped at 12 attendees.
- For the Advanced course you must have completed the basic FBoS course within the last 2 years – some accommodations in view of Covid will be made on a case by case basis.
- Unfortunately we’ve seen to an increase in people not forwarding a deposit, nor advising of their non attendance. While we understand family emergencies may occur, we ask you to please notify us at least 24 hours in advance.
- We’ve had to cancel a number of courses at short notice – which is unfair to other attendees, but also drives our costs up for non attendance of venues etc. We would like to keep the cost of the course at the rate it is but we need everyone’s cooperation otherwise we will have no choice but to increase it.
With this, we send you our warmest wishes for a safe and healthy Christmas season ahead and that you’ll be able to spend time with your families!
Rodge, Nick, Berni and… Sid